Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path - Going back home - September 13, 2007

Stansted airport 3 p.m.

In fact the Cromer B&B was good, clean and the bathroom - although not en suite - was actually only for me being the only guest at the floor. Quality breakfast (even cotton napkin) and the landlady very nice.

As I could leave the B&B earlier than scheduled, instead of the XF line (9,15 a.m.) I caught the 44 which took me to Norwich at 10,00. So I could visit the cathedral: magnificent; English Gothic: perpendicular? (have to look at the Pevsner).
I took some photos but "en cachette" (thanks to the extra compact camera).
Then I went into a beautiful bookshop in order to look for something on Norfolk: nothing worthwhile. There was a 2 x 3 discount for the classics so I bought "Tess", "The Mill on the Floss" and "Heart of Darkness". In fact they gave for free the cheaper book of the three: if I had known I'd have bought three books with similar price.
Eventually, lingering in Norwich high street it got late; I hurried (in the mean time it was getting warm) for the coach station where I got only 10 minutes before the departure. Tickets are not sold on board; luckily no queue at the counter. If I've rightly understood all tickets are sold through the system and the drivers gets a list where for every stop there is the number and name of the passengers getting on and off.
I got to the airport 20 minutes late; with the waiting times of Stansted the following coach from Norwich would have been too short.
I'm writing sitting at Ponti's, a self service. Got a fruit salad, an apple cake with custard, water and a coffee (£10)
Ah! I was going to forget: from the coach I saw the crossing between the Peddars Way and
the highway which I crossed the very first day. I was moved!

Here ended my journal. In the next posts I'm going to talk about planning the next trip: Penbrokeshire Coast Path probably in April or May.

No comments:

 

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization