Thursday, October 06, 2016

Farewell to long distance walking


לַכֹּל זְמָן   

Yes, as the sage says, "there is a time for everything". And my time for long distance walking has run out.
At 70 and with some health problems, as light the latter might be, I don't feel any more in embarking on long distance hikes; especially abroad.
Already, during my last stroll a year ago in Portugal, I was obliged to skip some legs because I was unwell; it was a kind of warning. So, obtorto collo, I have reached the sad decision: "farewell to long distance walking".

I have enjoyed great moments in ten years of hiking. I only regret not having started earlier; but it was a kind of destiny; as I told in my very first post, I got the inspiration for long distance walking by a dream!

Many thanks to all my gentle readers and plenty of nice hikes to any walker!

No comments:

 

AddMe - Search Engine Optimization